Monday, March 19, 2007

Session 16 March 13, 2007

Session 16 The Ruins of Al-Anria and The Secret Room

“Archmage Tyrrick”and “High Priest Festus” (Brendan) Changeling Thief-6, Wizard-1, Master of Masks-1
Argent (Ben) Warforged War Blade-8
Enalo Endless Shores and Trot the Crocodile (Mike) Water Goblin Druid-8
Specere Tredecim (Jeff) Synad Psionic Warrior-2, Crusader-5

Othokent Ketherd (Michael) Kobold Bard-5 [Retired]
Prechrysler (Steve) Human Wizard-4 Sorcerer-1 [Retired]

By request I needed to spend several days in town. Firstly I had to identify the new items we had found. The items were the Spyglass, Long Sword, Monocle, Bracers, three Plate Mails, two Two-Handed Swords, Wand, Drow Scorpion Chain, Scorpion Breast Plate, and a Magical Bag. I also need to make two new magical personas for my new master of masks career. I also need time to learn my spells from the scrolls I purchased. The problem each identify took an hour, the masks took 24 hours to make and each spell took 24 hours to transcribe properly into my spellbook. All told I need over two weeks, but they agreed to give me a little over four days. That meant all the identifies, two masks, and one spell. The life of a magic user is long and tiring. During my down time Argent agreed to help guard the portal room in case the drow returned. Specere was able to save one of his Synad “brothers” and took him to the local healers. Following the healer he took him to one of the houses to learn to adapt to his new freedom and to become a guard or something like that. Enalo and Trot seemed rather secretive about some ritual they were needed to complete and spent most of their time at the beach. The next time I saw Trot he had grown to what looked like twice his previous size. I guess that must have been the ritual Enalo was taking about.
The morning of the fourth day we met up and reentered the portal back to the “Creation” room. All of the magical apparatus had been removed and most of the mundane items as well. This made searching the room for secret doors easier. I figured the mad scientists probably didn’t crawl their way under the crumbled wall, so they must have a secret entrance. I hope they didn’t have magical means to enter the room. On the north wall I found a secret door. Beyond the untrapped secret door was a narrow hallway, definitely not giant construction. The hallway went about 25 feet, then turned west for another 25 feet, then in the south wall was a door. We when up to the door and on the door read, “May my curse of darkness destroy all who desecrate my resting place”. Inspecting the door I found a trap. If we step on a presser plate a stone block would fall on us. I pointed the trap out to the guys and we entered the room. In the room was an old sarcophagus in the corner of the room. Argent and myself inspected the sarcophagus for traps and didn’t find any. I backed up and let Specere step forward along with the new improved “big” Trot. Argent opened the lid and up popped a sinister robed figure of darkness. The creature immediately began attacking. The creature’s attacks seemed to ignore Argent’s armor and after the attack Argent looked weaker and a little nervous. Specere attacked, but his powerful attacks seemed to pass right through the creature. I decided to use my spell, magic missile, since it doesn’t miss. The creature continued its assault ignoring the armor of whomever it attacked. I launched another magic missile powered up with the Archmage persona. Unfortunately I was the only one who seemed to be doing serious damage and the creature moved after me. Its first attack missed me, but when I tried to tumble past Trot the creature stuck me. I have never felt so drained of energy. I moved to the far corner of the room. I don’t think I can take two attacks like that first attack ever again or it will probably kill me. Once I regained my feet I pulled out a scroll of magic missile and cast my third magic missile spell of the battle. At least Specere and Argent began hitting the incorporeal creature. Shortly after my last magic missile the creature dissipated. Upon searching the sarcophagus we found a valuable crown and a scepter. We chose to return to the portal and see about recovering from those devastating attacks from the wraith-like creature in town.

Quotes:
[Attacking the Dread Wraith]
{Argent} I’ll give her a taste of the old Mountain Hammer
[The results of identifying the spyglass]
{DM} Any normal druid might crap his pants you probably just fart loudly.
{DM} It’s a spyglass of Control Winds.
{Tyrrick} Yup, he will fart loudly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home