Sunday, March 04, 2007

Session 11 February 6, 2007

Session 11 The Ruins of Al-Anria and High Priestess Zumana.

“Tel’anak” or “Sel’anar (Brendan) Changeling Thief-4
Argent (Ben) Warforged War Blade-4
Enalo Endless Shores and Trot the Crocodile (Mike) Water Goblin Druid-4
Othokent Ketherd (Michael) Kobold Bard-4
Prechrysler (Steve) Human Wizard-3 Sorcerer-1
Specere Tredecim (Jeff) Synad Crusader-2 Psionic Warrior-1

When we reached the spinning hallway we pushed the button and the hallway spun clockwise about 90˚. We headed past the door to the northeast. About 10 feet down the hall we encountered two statues. The statues were two drow standing on either side of the hallway. Upon further inspection I found a trap between the two statues. It looked like a presser plate that would set something off further down the hallway. I showed the rest of the guys the trap and we all avoided the trap and continued down the hallway. The hallway continued on another 50 feet to the northeast. At the end of the hallway I stopped and listen with my mind for any thoughts on the other side of the door. I detected six different thoughts, but only understood one language. The one mind I could detect kept saying “It going to be ok, it going to be ok”. I let the other guys know that there were six people on the other side of the door. Five of which I couldn’t understand and one who spoke common. We opened the door and saw four female drow standing in front of a altar with a human painted red about to be sacrificed by a topless female drow. We rushed into the room and examined the room a little better. The person about to be sacrificed rolled off the altar and stood up. It was Errig! Argent, Specere, Trot and myself rushed into the room. Prechrysler, Enalo, and Otho began casting spells from the hallway. Errig run up to us begging for a weapon I pulled and dropped my backup rapier and rushed the drow using my main rapier. My first attack was a powerful attack against one of the female drow she took the attack and winced from the hit. Trot and Specere rushed the drow off to my left and Argent rushed the drow off to my right. The sorcerer behind the altar, who we believe was High Priestess Zumana, summoned an undead wyvern. Her second spell hit several others and me. All I know is that I suddenly felt sick to my stomach and felt a lot weaker. To my left Specere and Trot had killed two of the female drow, but Argent off to my left had two female drow on him and they seemed to have the advantage. I continued fighting my female drow as Specere and Trot moved towards Zumana’s undead wyvern and Argent tried finishing his two drow. Zumana cast another spell my way and I was stunned for a short while. This is definitely not my day to fight. Little to my knowledge Errig had picked up my rapier and attacked Otho and Prechrysler. The battle was pretty even until Prechrysler cast Ray of Enfeeblement on Errig instead of the Zumana’s summoned undead Wyvern allowing Otho to heal himself. After that the two spellcasters finished Errig off quickly. As Trot and Specere were rushing toward Zumana’s summoned undead Wyvern she ducked behind the altar and disappeared. When all the female drow were dead except for the missing Zumana, we examined the room and noticed that behind the tapestries on all the walls were strange runes. We as a group decided that this must be the runes that Morgrave University was looking for so Prechrysler pulled out the whistle and blew. After a couple of minutes nothing happened. So we looked around the room some more. Behind the altar I found a secret door that lead to some stairs. Since we had just blown the whistle we decided to wait until someone showed up before heading down the dark stairs. It was almost an hour before a magically portal opened up and in walked Dean Petty and Under Dean Otto. We showed them the runes and some of the ancient artifacts we had found that we thought they might be interested in. They told us we could pass through the portal into Stormreach and stay at the inn instead of in the dungeon. They further explained to us that the portal was going to be open for quite a while. We told them about the two exits out of the room, one leading to the spinning hallway and the other behind the altar into the darkness. He cast some kind of spell to secure the doors so nothing could get into the rooms. The group of us decided it was some time of some rest and relaxation, so we went back to the storeroom (several times) grabbing our treasure and went through the portal into Stromreach. The academics were interested in several of our ancient artifacts and we were able to sell most of our treasure. In the end we struck a deal with the academics to identify our items and earn ourselves a pretty penny. Not bad for a couple of days work. Prechrysler had proved to the academics that he was worthy of Morgrave University and was accepted into their prestigious mage school. He bid farewell to us and told us if we ever needed help in the future he would be glad to help. Otho surprised all of us as well, when he said that he was interested in doing academic research in Sharn and would no longer be adventuring with us. We had a last drink that night with our two fellow companions and wished them well in the future. It’s going to be different without
Otho and Prechrysler around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home