Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Session 7 January 2, 2007

Session 7 The Jungles of Xen’drik

“Sydney Jackson Pirate Extraordinaire” and “Ariel Featherlight” (Brendan) Changeling Thief-3
Argent (Ben) Warforged War Blade-3
Enalo Endless Shores (Mike) Water Goblin Druid-3
Othokent Ketherd (Michael) Kobold Bard-3
Prechrysler (Steve) Human Wizard-2 Sorcerer-1

Late in the day we came to a turn in the river and above us we saw a rope bridge crossing the river. Errig explained that this was our destination. We stopped the boat in the only place we could find, and started our climb up a steep trail to the rope bridge. Our trail joined the main trail from Stormreach to Last Chance. Errig stressed again that because of the curse we should not leave the trail or we might become lost and never find our way to the trial or civilization. The rope bridge itself didn’t look very study. The first across the bridge was Otho. He explained it wouldn’t be to bad if he fell since he can now fly. This was news to me since he now has wings on his back. Didn’t know he had those and didn’t remember seeing them before. He is a very strange kobold, maybe his claim that kobolds are dragon blooded is not as far fetched as I first thought. After Otho made it cross Errig went then I chose to go. The first thing I did is assumed the visage of Ariel Featherlight a very small, young elf. I figured this is the smallest and lightest persona I could assume. I quickly traversed the bridge and made it to the other side safely. Enalo followed by Trot were next then Prechrysler and lastly was Argent. Even though the bridge looked unstable the bridge was actually pretty solid. We traveled the rest of the day and found a safe spot just off the trial that was open enough to defend our selves and close enough to the trail so as not to get lost. We set up our standard watch of Argent all night with Enalo and Trot first, Prechrysler and Errig second, Otho third and myself last. Sometime during Prechrysler and Errig’s watch they began yelling for everyone to wake up. Getting up quickly and grabbing my weapon I looked for the cause of the disruption. It didn’t take long, for out of the woods came three drow warriors. The first two rushed in as the third threw some weird wooden object at Argent. These drow had Skull Crests with a tear of what might be blood coming out of the eye socket. The battle was as fast as it was fierce. The drow were strong warriors and inflicted damage to Argent and Trot, but with only three of them we were able to concentrate our damage on them and eliminate them rapidly. Going through their gear we found 18 gp, a green gem, several drow long knives, drow scorpion chains and Xen’drik boomerangs. Prechrysler also found a note that read, “Harass any groups of adventures heading south. Report any encounters to High Priestess Zumana.” The rest of the night passed uneventfully. We packed up in the morning and headed on to Last Chance.
Last Chance is little more than a few building. One of the main buildings is an inn under the ownership of House Jorasco. The inn was run by a halfling named Alask. I went about acquiring rooms for the five of us excluding Enalo and Trot. I order two rooms one for Argent, Prechrysler and myself. The other room was for Errig and Otho. After ordering drinks and settling down Prechrysler and myself went around the room gathering information. I asked about the other group of adventures and if anyone had seen them. Prechrysler asked around about High Priestess Zumana. I found that the group of adventures had been in town about a year ago, but no one had seen them since. Prechrysler didn’t find out any information about High Priestess Zumana, but when he asked Errig about her Prechrysler felt he was holding something back. Prechrysler and myself returned back to the group we told them what we had discovered. A short time later the inn door opened and in walked a human, a shifter, and a half giant. Somehow we had gotten ahead of the other adventures. It must be because of the Xen’drik curse. They sat down and ordered some drinks. Eventually we headed off to bed, as did the three adventures. Upstairs I covered up the lantern closest to their room and listened at the door. I could hear someone awake and someone else snoring loudly. So I uncovered the lantern and waited a few more hours. This time I had Prechrysler by the back door of the inn and told Enalo to have the barn door open for me. My plan was to sneak into the room and steal the plans, if I got caught I’d run down the stair past Prechrysler and he would step into the door to delay and pursuers. I would run to the stables and hide in the rafters where Enalo would cover for me if any pursuers made it all that far. Again I covered the lantern closest to their room and listened to the door. This time I could hear someone sharpening his weapons. Either way they were setting a watch so I couldn’t sneak into their room. So a told everyone my plan was a bust and we all went to bed for the night. The next morning Prechrysler decided to ask the adventurers at breakfast about the map. With careful negotiations Prechrysler bought the map from them for 100 gp. What we found out was that the ruins were on the Northeast side of Xen’drik and we were to look for a volcanic area. The ruins were somewhere in the volcanic area. Also during the morning we were approached by a group of halflings whose village was being attacked by a two-headed tyrannosaurus. They seemed desperate and it was on the way to the ruins so we agreed. We packed up our belongings and headed for the halfling village.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home