Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Session 22 May 8, 2007

Session 22 The Ruins of Al-Anria and the Jungles of Zen’drik.
Dungeon Master {Josh)

The Players:
“Archmage Tyrrick” (Brendan) Changeling Thief-7, Wizard-1, Master of Masks-3
Argent (Ben) Warforged War Blade-11
Enalo Endless Shores (Mike) Water Goblin Druid-11
Specere Tredecim (Jeff) Synad Psionic Warrior-4, Crusader-7

Trot the Crocodile (Mike) Enalo’s Animal Companion [Dead]
Othokent Ketherd (Michael) Kobold Bard-5 [Retired]
Prechrysler (Steve) Human Wizard-4 Sorcerer-1 [Retired]

It’s a long night. Enalo just sits in the corner in deep thought. We all miss Trot, but I can’t imagine what its like for Enalo. We all take our watches with no incident. In the morning we discuss our option and decide maybe we should go outside of the ziggurat and make camp outside the drow influence. I need eight hours to make a new “mask”. I decide it will be the persona of Malice the Assassin. As we leave Enalo sets the body of Trot on fire. I did notice he took some teeth from Trot as a memorial before setting the fire. We hike all the way back out the top of the ziggurat. It’s nice to feel the sunlight again. I don’t like the underground very much. We hike down the stair and start across the volcanic plain. Four Lava Worms surprise Enalo. They hit him before Specere, Argent and Enalo with help from me kill three of them. The last one attacks and hits Argent before Specere can finish it off. We pick an area way across the lava plain just inside the jungle such that we can still see the ziggurat and camp safely. I have enough time to identify two magic items and make my mask before it turns dark. Enalo chose to go off into the woods. I saw him later and he was praying to his gods. I think he was asking for a new animal companion. Poor guy. By the time it was dark we set up watch without Enalo as he continued to pray. Argent, being a warforged, was on all watches. Specere took a watch and a half. Then he slept while Argent was alone for about an hour on watch. Off course that is when we were attacked. It seems that while Enalo, the Rhino, was praying when some assassins shot him in the ass. He alerted Argent and came running back to our campfire. Argent woke up Specere and myself before running out to meet Enalo. It seemed our assailants were invisible. I pull out my wand of web and cast seven webs around our position. I left the path from Enalo and Argent to us open. The two of them slow backed into the protective circle provided by the webs. I filled the last opening with a web and began detecting thoughts. The assassins seemed to have disappeared just as quickly as they arrived. The web remained for another thirty minutes so all of us except Argent got some sleep. At the end of the webs duration Argent woke me up and together we stood watch. I walked around the campfire detecting thought the whole time. After about an hour I found two thought approaching from the south. Rather than tell Argent where the attack was coming from I instead fired a web onto the two attackers. My next move I fireballed the area they were in and Argent fired his bow into the darkness. Specere and Enalo got up. Enalo began casting a spell and Specere backed me up. Argent rushed out to try and catch the attackers. Enalo summoned a girillion right next to the assassins. The girillion looked like a four-armed albino gorilla. The assassins attacked the girillion as the girrillion attacked both assassins. The battle was both bloody and deadly. The assassins both took serious damage and the girillion nearly died. Argent ran up close to the attackers as one killed the girillion and the other took off running. Enalo (now in bird form) flew above the battlefield and summoned two crocodiles. The first one grabbed the assassin that didn’t run and the other appeared closer to the fleeing assassin and grabbed him. Within a few seconds both assassins were dead. The crocodiles carried the dead bodies back to camp so we could get a better look at them. They were from the drow master race, so we took their items and let Specere dispose of the bodies. Specere has an extreme hatred of the drow master race and did unnatural things to the bodies. We went back to sleep and left Argent and Enalo on last watch. The rest of the night pasted uneventfully.

Quote:
[Enalo, as a Rhino, was shot from behind by two arrows.]
{Enalo} Somebody do a spot check on my ass
{Enalo} I felt two pricks in my ass.
[Argent as a Warforged is immune to poison]
{Enalo to Argent} Suck the poison out of my ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home