Monday, May 14, 2007

Session 21 May 1, 2007

Session 21 The Ruins of Al-Anria and the Assassins.
Dungeon Master {Josh)

The Players:
“Archmage Tyrrick” and “Inspector Gideon” (Brendan) Changeling Thief-7, Wizard-1, Master of Masks-1
Argent (Ben) Warforged War Blade-9
Enalo Endless Shores and Trot the Crocodile (Mike) Water Goblin Druid-9
Specere Tredecim (Jeff) Synad Psionic Warrior-4, Crusader-5

Othokent Ketherd (Michael) Kobold Bard-5 [Retired]
Prechrysler (Steve) Human Wizard-4 Sorcerer-1 [Retired]

Pain; Pain all I can feel is pain. I can’t move. Is this Hell? I can hear something. Must concentrate. The Pain. I do hear something, but it’s so far away. Must concentrate harder. It sounds like a fight. I hear voices. Must stay conscious. I recognize some of the voices. Argent. Specere. Enalo’s grunts. They’re fighting my assassin. Hope they kill the bastard. Try and move. PAIN. Don’t do that again. Maybe I’ll try and open my eyes. It’s bright and out of focus. Try looking around. Ow pain. Must stop trying to move. I think something is coming. I can feel the vibrations through the ground. Oh shit, the assassin coming back to finish the job. He’s rolling me over. It’s, it’s … a horn? It is a horn. A rhino horn. It Enalo, he seems to be checking me out. Try telling him “I’m alive”. … Can’t talk. I think he knows. Where’s he going? He left me. I’m not DEAD. Come back. Try moving again. Pain! Not as bad or maybe I’m just getting use to it. Something just crashed. I heard and felt the rumble. I can make out the voices. They’re yelling “Chase him down”. The assassin must still be alive. I hear a victory cry. They must have killed him. Don’t hear anymore fighting. My arm, I just moved my arm. I hurt, but nothing like before. Try sitting up. No, not yet. Not strong enough. I can see up the hallway. I see Argent standing over a body. Looking the other way I see Specere, Trot and way down the hallway I see Enalo, and two more bodies. I can finally sit up. Yup, three bodies. The one by Argent is my friend. I don’t know what he did to me, but it hella hurt. I stand. World spins a little. It does seem to be settling down now. I hope I never have to go thought that again. It’s only been three days since I was dead. Maybe I should give up this adventuring life. For what? These people are my friends I can’t just abandon them. Argent and Specere want to make camp. Sounds good to me, I could use the rest. I suggest we go up the floor above us and see if the wizards from Stormreach are still there with the open portal. Long walk. Crap. They killed everyone again. Blood everywhere. What a mess. Someone suggests blowing the whistle and see if we can make a connection with Stormreach on this level. I blow, we wait. I detect thoughts and wait. The portal opens. No thoughts. Crap, it closes after only a few seconds. Looks like our connection to Stormreach is closed. I suggest moving to the secret room off this room to make camp. One door easy to defend. They agree. I follow Argent detecting thought as we move forward. Specere is behind me, good I don’t have to listen to his three minds, it bothers me. What the hell? Trot, who is in the back scream. I guess that is what Crocodiles do. I can’t see anything, cuz I’m around the corner. Trot screams again. I round the corner. Oh shit. Trot looks dead. Fucking assassins. Enalo looks pissed; he says there are two of them. They cast obscuring mist. I cast fireball, good-bye mist. They are waiting on either side of the doors to severely damage anyone who tries to exit the hallway. I drink my potion of invisibility. Argent moves up and tries attacking around the corner, no dice. I walk by invisibility and sneak up behind the one on the left. He’s got some retribution coming. I sneak attack the bitch. How do you like them apples? Argent finishes on my wound friend. Specere wastes no time pounding the other assassin. Enalo, looking enraged, lays a pounding on the murderer. He doesn’t stop even after he’s dead. I glance back and see why. Trot is definitely dead. I’m gonna miss him. He has been one of us since he was just a little crocodile. We bring Trot’s corpse into the room with us and lean him up against the door. It a little tight in this room, but nothing should be able to get in tonight.

Quotes:
{Specere} I do do.

[Tyrrick telling Specere’s character to use an action point]
{Tyrrick} Better blow a d6
{Enalo} Better just to blow the DM.

[Enalo’s player making a charge attack as a Rhino, could only miss on a “1”]
{Enalo} Don’t roll a “1”
[Rolls a 1, next fumble check]
{Enalo} Don’t rolls a “1”
[Rolls a 1]
{Tyrrick} You got your horn up your own ass.
{Specere} You charged yourself.

[A wall of stone surrounds Argent]
{DM} The wall of stone is 3 inches thick
{Argent} So am I.

[DM describing what happened to Argent]
{DM} You’re not dead; you’re just completely helpless
{Argent} Oh yeah … Kill me, Kill me.

[Asking the DM about the overrun rule]
{Enalo} So can I charge as a Rhino and overrun my opponent
{DM} No, they can just let you pass
{Tyrrick} Like in a bullfight, Ole!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home